Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 77 + 6: Taipei

Well another day in Taipei and another day centered around food, however not all of it was good this time.  First we turned on our computer and the external hard drive we got to use since we had problems with our internal drive, failed.  I was able to get the external working and make sure we had all of our pictures on both the failing external drive as well as our failing internal drive.  During lunch Charlotte's mother made some special Taiwanese river fish.  I was on my computer and tried to do two things at once and managed to spill fish oil all over the keyboard.  So just as I fixed the external drive I destroyed the keyboard.  Right now after letting it dry and cleaning it as much I can I have about 80% of the keys working again, but its too painful to use so I am writing this on another computer.

Dinner
We went to dinner with Charlotte's high school friends.  Before we left they took bets on how long we would last in China.  The person who lost had bet we would be back in Taiwan within 15 days, so he had to pay for everyones dinner.  After dinner we went out and looked at the moon as it was getting close to a full moon and Wednesday is Moon Festival day in Taiwan.  We got some tea and played cards until about midnight

Since I don't have a working keyboard right now, the next blog update will probably come Thursday Night (Los Angeles time).  Hopefully I will be able to add pictures to this post as well

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for ALL your beautiful posts! I feel as I've peeked inside a country I'll probably never get to visit...through your eyes. And it's been a pleasure for me and I'll look for your next post (saying you're safe in L.A....well, as safe as one CAN be in L.A.). hug to you both.
    Aunt Marian

    ReplyDelete